These are the perfect way to use up veggies and herbs in the fridge, ensure the kids are eating a nutritious snack and best of all, you can freeze them - perfect for emergencies.
- 225 g (1½ cups) self-raising flour
- 95 g (⅓ cup) plain yoghurt
- 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup pesto
- ¼ cup cherry bocconcini
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin and bake for about 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.
Photography by Adam Liaw.