Try this with Pati's prawn machaca and potato burritos.
This quick salsita verde is the perfect addtion to tacos or burritos.
- 450 g (1 lb) tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1½ tbsp chopped white onion
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves and upper stems
- 1 to 2 serrano chiles, stemmed
- ¾ tsp salt or more to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Place all the ingredients in the blender (you may add a chile at a time) and pulse until chunky.