- 10 calamansi (see Note), juiced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) coconut vinegar (see Note)
- 2 Asian red eschalots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bird’s-eye chilli, finely chopped
- 4 cm-piece ginger, cut into julienne
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Will keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes 1 cup
Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with grilled or fried food, such as spring rolls.
• Calamansi, from Asian food shops, is a Filipino citrus fruit. Substitute the juice of 1 lime and ½ orange for the 10 calamansi.
• Coconut vinegar is from selected Asian and Filipino food shops.
Photography by Brett Stevens.