There’s nothing better than grilling sausages on the ‘cue, and they go so well with my DIY barbecue sauce.
- 4 large hot dog buns
- 4 spicy Italian sausages
- 2 cups Grilled Banana Barbeque Sauce (see recipe here)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- ½ cup pickled red onion, for garnish
- Chopped parsley and chopped celery leaves to taste, for garnish
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Heat grill to 205°C (400°F)
2. Lightly brush sausages with oil.
3. Place sausages on hot grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip sausages and close grill lid. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Once fully cooked and lightly charred, remove sausages from grill.
4. Place a little Grilled Banana Barbeque Sauce in each hot dog bun. Top with lettuce leaves and sausages. Top sausages with more sauce. Garnish with pickled onion, celery leaves and parsley.
• Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbeque.