With tomato, chunky avocado and three types of chilli to add heat, this makes a great addition to many different meals.
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 dried chile de árbol, minced
- 1 serrano chilli, minced
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup roughly chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 cup multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Place all ingredients, except for the avocado and tomatoes, in a molcajete (see Note) and mash or mix until pasty. Add the avocado and mash until you reach your desired consistency.
- Fold in the tomatoes, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
• The molcajete is a rough textured granite mortar and pestle used in Mexico. You could use a standard mortar and pestle or blender.