Served with crispy rice pappadams and grated wasabi, this sashimi starter fuses Japanese and Indian flavours.
- 300g sashimi grade Yellow Fin Tuna
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 spring onions stems (sliced)
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, picked and washed
- 1 knob ginger, julienned
- Fresh wasabi stem (or horseradish if wasabi is unavailable)
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 75ml ponzu sauce
- 3 green chilli rice pappadams
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Fry the rice pappadams in hot oil until crispy then set aside to cool.
Slice tuna into 1cm x 1cm cubes. Using a medium sized mixing bowl add the tuna, spring onion, pomegranate, ginger and coriander. Add your olive oil then the ponzu and lightly toss.
Plate your tuna mix and grate wasabi over the top.
Serve with the rice pappadams prepared earlier.