Made with coconut milk and aromatic spices, this golden latte has a hint of vanilla and honey for added comfort.
- 2 cups (470 ml) sweetened coconut milk beverage
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) dried turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3.75 cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp (7.5 ml) honey
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp (0.75 ml) freshly ground pepper
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Add coconut milk, turmeric, cinnamon stick, ginger, honey, vanilla extract, and pepper to a small saucepan. Whisk together, then bring to a simmer, making sure not to let it boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, whisking periodically.
3. Remove from heat, then pour latte through a fine-mesh sieve to strain. Pour latte into a blender, and pulse just until frothy. Pour into mugs, garnish with ground cinnamon, and serve immediately.