Not only is this made in just in one bowl, it's really fudgy and delicious and it never fails.
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 375 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (175 g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (35 g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup (120 g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 5 eggs
- cocoa, for dusting
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (325°F).
2. Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl and either microwave in short bursts until melted or melt in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
3. Add the sugar, flour, milk and almond meal and mix to combine. Add the eggs and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a greased 22 cm round springform tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Cover the tin with aluminium foil and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Uncover and cool in the tin. Dust with cocoa and serve with cream and berries.