This burger was born out of Anthony's love for the traditional American cheeseburger. He wanted to create his own version with all the things he loves. The secret is to use the best quality ingredients you can find.
- 200 g smoked streaky bacon
- 6 Angus beef patties, about 150 g each
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 potato buns, split
- 200 ml burger sauce
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Resting time: 5 min
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Add the patties to the pan and cook on one side for 2 minutes or until golden. Turn and place a slice of cheese on top and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest for a few minutes.
- Grill the burger buns until just golden. Build your burgers starting with the patty, followed by the bacon and sauce.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.
Photography by Danielle Abou Karam.