This fantastic dip and nibbles combination is ready in just minutes.
- 2 slices sourdough
- 1½ tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil, and a little extra for serving
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 150 g mixed nuts
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves removed
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- 200 g feta
- ¼ cup (about 55 g) cream cheese
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 75 g semi-dried (sun blushed) tomatoes, chopped
- Handful of mini carrots
- ½ cucumber, cut into batons
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Heat a grill (griddle) pan over a high heat, and a frying pan on a med-high heat.
- Drizzle the sourdough on both sides using a few teaspoons of olive oil. Place on the hot grill pan until golden on one side then turn. When toasted, rub the garlic clove over the warm toast.
- Meanwhile, place the nuts in the frying pan along with the rosemary leaves, smoked paprika, remaining olive oil and salt and toast until golden, tossing regularly.
- Crumble the feta into a blender, add the cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining garlic and blend until airy and smooth.
- Spoon the feta into a bowl and top with the tomatoes. Slice the sourdough diagonally, slice each baby carrots in half lengthways and add them to the board alongside the cucumber batons and the dip to serve.