- 150 g tinned young jackfruit, rinsed in cold water & cut into small pieces
- 100 g fried firm tofu, finely sliced
- small handful bean sprouts
- small handful watercress
- 5 mint leaves, sliced
- 5 perilla leaves, sliced
- 5 Vietnamese mint leaves
- 1 tsp fried red Asian shallots
- 1 tsp crushed roasted peanuts
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 chili, sliced (for garnish)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 chili, finely diced
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
To make the dressing combine the sugar, lime juice and soy sauce and mix until sugar dissolves. Add sesame oil, garlic and chili, stir then set aside.
In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients and add 3 tablespoons of the salad dressing. Toss the salad combining all the flavors together.
Transfer to a salad bowl and garnish with sliced chili.