Using zucchini noodles in place of regular rice noodles adds extra vegetable vitality to this Thai favourite.
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 15 ml lime juice
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 zucchini
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup firm tofu, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 egg, cracked into a bowl and whisked
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped, for topping
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped, for topping
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Whisk together ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
2. Using a spiralizer, make zucchini noodles.
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and fry until golden.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic, red pepper and green onion to the frying pan and cook until tender.
5. Add eggs to vegetables and whisk to combine.
6. Add zucchini noodles into pan, pour sauce over the sauce and toss gently together. Continue cooking until the eggs and noodles and cooked but tender.
7. Top with cilantro and roasted peanuts to serve.