SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT

புகலிடக் கோரிக்கையாளர்களுக்கு குடிவரவு அமைச்சரின் இறுதி எச்சரிக்கை!

புகலிடக் கோரிக்கையாளர்களுக்கு குடிவரவு அமைச்சரின் இறுதி எச்சரிக்கை!

Immigration Minister
Australian Federal Immigration and Border Protection Minister Peter Dutton (AAP Image/Sam Mooy) NO ARCHIVING Source: AAP

3 min read

Published

By Raymond Selvaraj

Source: ABC Australia


Skip to article content

ஆஸ்திரேலியாவில் தங்கியிருக்க “பாதுகாப்பு விசா” Protection Visa தேவை என்று குடிவரவுத் துறையை அணுகாமல் இருக்கும் சுமார் 7500 புகலிடக் கோரிக்கையாளர்களும் அக்டோபர் மாதம் 1 ஆம் தேதிக்குள் விண்ணப்பிக்க வேண்டும் என்றும், இதுவே தாம் அவர்களுக்கு விடும் இறுதி எச்சரிக்கை என்றும் குடிவரவுத் துறை அமைச்சர் Peter Dutton கூறியுள்ளார்.

இப்படி ஆஸ்திரேலிய குடிவரவுத் துறையை அணுகாமல் இருக்கும் சுமார் 7500 புகலிடக் கோரிக்கையாளர்களும் "fake refugees" “போலியான அகதிகள்” என்று அமைச்சர் Dutton வர்ணித்தார்.

தமது இறுதி எச்சரிக்கையையும் புறக்கணித்துவிட்டு நாட்டில் தொடர்ந்து தங்கியிருக்கும் புகலிடக் கோரிக்கையாளர்களுக்கு அக்டோபர் மாதம் 1 ஆம் தேதி முதல் அரசு கொடுப்பனவுகள் வழங்கப்படாது என்றும், அவர்கள் திருப்பி அனுப்பபடுவர் என்றும், அவர்கள் ஒருபோதும் மீண்டும் ஆஸ்திரேலியா வர அனுமதிக்கப்பட மாட்டார்கள் என்றும் குடிவரவுத் துறை அமைச்சர் Peter Dutton கூறினார்.       

2008 ஆம் ஆண்டு முதல் 2013 ஆண்டுவரை நாட்டில் புகலிடம் கோருகிற்றவர்கள் என்பதாக படகுவழி மட்டுமே சுமார் 50,000 பேர் வந்துள்ளனர். அவர்களில் 43,000 பேரின் விண்ணப்பங்கள் பரிசீலிக்கபட்டுள்ளன. அதே வேளையில் ஆஸ்திரேலிய குடிவரவுத் துறையை அணுகாமல் சுமார் 7500 புகலிடக் கோரிக்கையாளர்கள் மறைந்து வாழ்கின்றனர் என்றும் இவர்களுக்கு தொடர்ந்து Centrelink வழி வழங்கும் கொடுப்பனவு மூலம் அரசுக்கு $250 million டாலர் செலவாகிறது என்றும் குடிவரவுத் துறை அமைச்சர் Peter Dutton கூறினார்.       

 

Of the 50,000 asylum seekers who arrived by boat between 2008 and 2013, 43,000 have now been processed — which means they have either been granted a visa or had their claims rejected — or are currently having their claims assessed.

However, there are 7,500 asylum seekers "outside the process" and that is the group now subject to the October 1 deadline. Immigration Minister Peter Dutton has given 7,500 asylum seekers living in Australia until October to lodge an application for protection, or face deportation, declaring the "game is up" for "fake refugees".

Mr Dutton said the asylum seekers had all arrived by boat under the previous Labor government and had so far either failed or refused to present their case for asylum with the Immigration Department.     "If people think they can rip the Australian taxpayer off, if people think that they can con the Australian taxpayer, then I'm sorry, the game's up," he said.

The asylum seekers have now been given until October 1 to lodge an application for processing or they will be cut off from Government payments, subject to removal from Australia, and banned from re-entering the country. According to Mr Dutton, the group is costing taxpayers about $250 million each year in income support alone and the deadline would ensure the Government is "not providing financial support to people who have no right to be in Australia".

Of the 50,000 asylum seekers who arrived by boat between 2008 and 2013, 43,000 have now been processed — which means they have either been granted a visa or had their claims rejected — or are currently having their claims assessed. However, there are 7,500 asylum seekers "outside the process" and that is the group now subject to the October 1 deadline.

Asylum seeker statistics

  • 50,000 Illegal Maritime Arrivals arrived in Australia between 2008 and 2013
  • Labor processed 20,000 of these people
  • It stopped processing IMAs in August 2012 leaving 30,500 people yet to be processed — this is known as the Legacy Caseload
  • 23,000 of the Legacy Caseload have applied for Temporary Protection Visas or Save Haven Visas
  • Of those 6,500 have been granted a TPV or SHEV
  • 3,000 have already been found not to be refugees and must leave Australia
  • 13,000 are having their claims assessed
  • Around 7,500 remain outside the process and have not presented their case for protection

Source: Federal Government


Follow SBS Tamil

Download our apps

Watch on SBS

Tamil News

Stream now