Bill Cosby says he's working on new comedy material as he prepares to defend sexual assault allegations.
Cosby, who is accused of drugging and molesting former Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his Pennsylvania home in 2004, has told the National Newspaper Publishers Association he hopes to resume his entertainment career.
"I think about walking out on stage somewhere in the United States of America and sitting down in a chair and giving the performance that will be the beginning of the next chapter of my career," he said in an email exchange.
"I miss it all and I hope that day will come. I have some routines and storytelling that I am working on."
Cosby, 79, also told the outlet he lost his vision suddenly two years ago, while his lawyers have informed trial judges he is legally blind.
Cosby's youngest daughter Evin released a letter on Wednesday describing her father as a man who "loves and respects women".
"We live in a scandalous country where the more sexualised and provocative the story, the more attention it gets," she wrote.
"If enough people think you are a bad person, you are branded a bad person and the media just reinforces that."
Earlier this month, Cosby lost a bid to question Constand in court prior to the June 5 trial.
He has pleaded not guilty and remains free on $US1 million bail.
Cosby, long beloved as America's Dad, played Dr Cliff Huxtable on his sitcom The Cosby Show for nearly a decade.
Jury selection is set to begin in late May.
Share
