Second woman claims Epstein sent her to the UK for sex with former prince Andrew

The claims have emerged after newly-released Epstein files include images of the former prince crouching over an unidentified woman lying on the floor.

A headshot of white man in a suit looking at the camera with a serious expression on his face.

Britain's former prince Andrew has been accused of having a sexual encounter with a second Epstein victim. Source: EPA

Another woman has alleged that Jeffrey Epstein sent her to the UK for a sexual encounter with the former prince Andrew, her lawyer has told the BBC.

The Florida-based lawyer, Brad Edwards, who has represented more than 200 Epstein survivors worldwide including Virginia Giuffre, said the second victim alleges the encounter occurred in 2010 at Andrew's former residence, Royal Lodge, where she spent the night.

The woman's account is the first time an Epstein survivor has alleged a sexual encounter occurred at a royal residence.

American Australian Virginia Giuffre also claimed she had sex with the then-prince when she was 17 and a minor under US law, and they met through Epstein. She took her own life at her home in Western Australia last April at the age of 41.

Andrew repeatedly denied the allegations and avoided trial by paying a multimillion-dollar settlement in 2022.

The second victim, who is not British, was in her 20s at the time, the BBC reported.

Edwards said that after spending the night with Andrew, the woman was given a tour of Buckingham Palace.

The British broadcaster said it has asked Andrew for comment, though it was yet to receive a response.

While Buckingham Palace records the names of tour guests, the BBC has been unable to confirm whether or not the woman visited without revealing her identity.

The lawyer said he is now considering filing a civil lawsuit on the woman's behalf against the former prince.

The claims emerged after new files related to sex offender Epstein were published by the US justice department on Friday.

They included emails that showed King Charles's brother maintained regular contact with Epstein for more than two years after he was found guilty of child sex crimes.

The files also include pictures appearing to show Andrew crouching over and touching the waist of an unidentified woman lying on the floor. Her face was blacked out in the redacted images.

Justice Department Jeffrey Epstein
The undated photos were released and redacted by the US justice department. Source: US justice department, AP / Jon Elswick

The king stripped his brother of his title of prince and evicted him from his mansion in the grounds of Windsor Castle in November, in the wake of previous revelations about his links with Epstein.

Andrew denied maintaining friendship following Epstein's conviction

The former prince, 65, now uses the family name Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. He has denied wrongdoing in connection with Epstein and had previously denied maintaining ties with the financier after Epstein's 2008 conviction, apart from a 2010 visit to New York to end their relationship.

He did not reply to a request for comment on the latest revelations. Buckingham Palace declined to comment.

Following the new revelations about Andrew's links to Epstein, British Prime Minister Keir Starmer said the former prince should testify before a US congressional committee.

Starmer, speaking to reporters on the plane to Japan after a four-day visit to China, said on Saturday the former prince should appear before US politicians to explain everything he knows about Epstein to help Epstein's victims.

A middle-aged white man with grey hair and wearing a suit.
The former prince, 65, has denied wrongdoing in connection with Epstein and says he ended a friendship with him following Epstein's 2008 conviction. Credit: AA/PA

"Anybody who has got information should be prepared to share that information in whatever form they are asked to do that,” Starmer said. "You can’t be victim-centred if you’re not prepared to do that."

In November, members of a US congressional committee investigating the Epstein case intensified their calls for Andrew to answer questions.

Epstein died by suicide in 2019 in a Manhattan jail while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. He was jailed in 2008 for soliciting paid sex from a minor.

The files show Andrew maintained regular contact with Epstein after his conviction, including discussing potential business deals and social meetings.

In several emails, Epstein and Andrew discuss women that the financier proposes to put in touch with the prince. In one email, Epstein offered to bring three women to Buckingham Palace.

If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual assault, call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732, text 0458 737 732, or visit 1800RESPECT.org.au. In an emergency, call 000.


For the latest from SBS News, download our app and subscribe to our newsletter.


4 min read

Published

Updated

Source: SBS, Reuters



Share this with family and friends


Get SBS News daily and direct to your Inbox

Sign up now for the latest news from Australia and around the world direct to your inbox.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Follow SBS News

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our News podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Watch now

Watch the latest news videos from Australia and across the world