"It is going to be the 10th anniversary of my victory there in 2008, it's a great memory, winning there and three weeks later winning Wimbledon," Spaniard Nadal said in a video posted to the tournament's Twitter account.
"It was an unforgettable year. I am excited to be coming back and playing Queen's again... I can't wait to be there."
Nadal last played the Wimbledon warm-up event in 2015 and lost to Alexandr Dolgopolov in the opening round. He pulled out of the event in the last two years due to injuries.
The 31-year-old retired with an injury in the fifth set of his Australian Open quarter-final match against Croatia's Marin Cilic last month.
Three-times grand slam champion Andy Murray, who underwent hip surgery last month, is targeting a comeback at the event he has won five times, the organisers said.
The tournament will be held from Jun. 18-24.
(Reporting by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
