A comparison of the climate and energy policies of the Morrison government and the Labor Party.
- $2 billion boost to the Emissions Reduction Fund over 10 years, rebranded as the Climate Solutions Fund.
- The Paris agreement target for emissions of 26 to 28 per cent below 2005 levels by 2030.
- Renewable Energy Target, to deliver 33,000 gigawatt hours of additional electricity from renewable energy sources in 2020.
- Continuing to fund the Australian Renewable Energy Agency until 2022, and investing what's left of the $10 billion Clean Energy Finance Corporation.
- Default market prices for energy.
- Underwriting new generation plan to inject more energy into the network.
- $10 billion for the Clean Energy Finance Corporation over five years.
- $5 billion to set up an independent Energy Security and Modernisation Fund.
- $31 million for an Energy Productivity Agenda.
- 45 per cent emissions reduction target by 2030.
- 50 per cent of power from renewables by 2030.