Win a European escape for two aboard Holland America Line cruises
Game of Chance
Terms and Conditions
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time, in accordance with state regulations.
2. Except where advertised differently, entry is only open to all residents of Australia. Special Broadcasting Services Corporation’s (“SBS”) employees, associated companies and agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. To enter, participants must follow the directions on sbs.com.au, fill-in their details including, but not limited to, name, email and address; and agree to be automatically signed up to the SBS Food e-newsletter.
4. The competition period starts on Friday 7th February 2020 at 11:00 am and ends on Friday 20th March 2020 at 11:00am (AEST)(the Promotional Period). Entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
5. All valid entries submitted during the specified Promotional Period, will be entered into the prize draw to win the nominated prizes.
6. Except where advertised differently, entries are limited to one per person. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant automatically to enter repeatedly is prohibited (“Repeat Entry Device”). If the Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant is using any Repeat Entry Device, the Promoter may disqualify that entrant without notice.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. One major prize will consist of a 7-day cruise for two aboard Nieuw Statendam in a verandah stateroom (twin-share), departing Amsterdam in 2020 (list of options here) including taxes, fees and port charges. Airfare credit of AU$2000 per person from major Australian capital cities to Amsterdam return (to be booked directly with HAL via Flight Ease). The prize will be valued at AUD$9400 (RRP) inclusive of GST based on 23rd August 2020 departure. Booking conditions apply https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/legal-privacy/cruise-contract.html
9. Subject to clause 13, the prize is as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change. Prize is not transferable or cannot be exchanged for cash.
10. The prize does not include transfers to/from the airport or departure port. Any costs associated with transport to/from the airport and departure port will be the responsibility of the winner. Shore excursions or other onboard activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, travel insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included in the prize. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner at check-in in order to board the cruise ship, for all incidental charges. The winner or their travelling companion must be over the age of 21 years. Alcohol consumption onboard is restricted to guests aged 21 years or older.
11. SBS and Holland America Line accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred from entering the competition or in connection with taking up the prize. SBS and Holland America Line make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
12. Once prize has left the prize supplier’s premises, SBS takes no responsibility for any prize damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
13. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize. In the event that any prize item is unavailable, SBS reserves the right to substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value, subject to approval in accordance with state regulations.
14. Subject to clause 16, prize/s will be delivered to the winner within one (1) month of the winner being selected.
PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER NOTIFICATION
15. All prize draws will take place at SBS, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064 on Monday 23rd March at 3pm. All winners will be notified by phone, email, and/or mail within 2 days of the end of that competition. All winners will be published on the SBS website no later than 30 days of the prize draw following each competition. The winner must confirm their cruise booking within 30 days of receiving the winner notification. Once a booking is confirmed it cannot be changed. If the winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on the nominated cruise dates, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner. The cruise prize must be taken by 30 August 2020.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
16. The unclaimed prize draw will take place:
at SBS, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064 on Wednesday 23rd April 3pm, after SBS has made all reasonable efforts to contact the prize winner.
17. SBS will conduct such further draws as are necessary in order to distribute any of the prizes. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified either by phone or email within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw. Winners’ names will be published Wednesday 29th April 2020.
18. SBS reserves the right to request information to verify the validity of entries including: proof of identity and/or proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address. Acceptance of verification information is at the discretion of SBS. SBS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
19. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
20. SBS’s determination of the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into SBS's database, and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
22. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, SBS reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required. Tampering includes the use of Repeat Entry Device software.
23. SBS is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of computer online (or wireless) systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, or technical problems resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
25. By entering this competition, you give SBS the right to use your name, address, email address and mobile number for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes outside of the competition.
26. Where a competition is promoted on Facebook, entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with, administered or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
27. SBS is the Special Broadcasting Services Corporation, 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW 2064 ABN: 91 314 398 574. You can contact SBS Consumer Services on 1800 500 727.
28. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/41533, ACT Permit No. TP20/00078, SA Permit No. T20/64