My favourite new way to make cauliflower rice is to simply grate it on a trusty box grater. No need to drag out the food processor every time. So easy that I now make it much more often.
Cauliflower rice bowls
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves
- 1 kg (2 lb 3 oz) cauliflower, grated
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200 g (7 oz) baby spinach leaves
Crispy chilli eggs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large red chillies, chopped
- 1 spring onion (scallion), chopped
- 4 eggs
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- To make the cauliflower rice bowls, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. Stir through baby spinach.
- To make the crispy chilli eggs, heat a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, chilli and onion and cook for 1 minute. Break the eggs into the pan and cook for 1 minute. Reduce temperature to low and cover pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- To serve, place the cauliflower rice mixture into bowls and top with a chilli egg.