This classic Japanese street food is fancied-up with the addition of fresh crayfish.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 large handfuls of chopped cabbage
- shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- shimeji mushrooms
- oyster mushrooms
- white miso paste
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- coriander, roughly chopped
- spring onions, roughly chopped
- soba noodles, cooked
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Whisk sauce ingredients in bowl until sugar is dissolved and miso broken up, then set aside.
- Add oil and finely sliced ginger and garlic to hot plate or wok and toss with flat spoons. Add cabbage to hot plate with extra oil and toss it around. Add the mushrooms.
- Add more oil to the plate and add chunkily chopped lobster next to the rest of the ingredients. While cooking lobster, continue tossing the vegetables. Flip the lobster over. While lobster is still opaque in the middle add the vegetables and continue to toss.
- Add soba noodles, sauce, fresh coriander and spring onions and toss all ingredients a few times.
- Serve immediately.