Whole bullhorn capsicums baked and drizzled with a thyme, garlic and olive-oil marinade. A perfect entree or side dish.
- 4 red bullhorn peppers
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp picked thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp pickled garlic, thinly sliced
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Place the peppers on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes or until completely black and soft, turning half - way through cooking. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Alternatively, cook the peppers over a hot charcoal barbeque.
- Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove the skins and seeds. Tear or slice the peppers into long ribbons and place in a bowl. Add the oil, salt and thyme and mix well.
- When ready to serve, place on a large plate and scatter with the pickled garlic.
Join Shane Delia and friends for A Middle East Feast on SBS Food and SBS On Demand.