This recipe is so simple - no oven or cook-top is required.
Fresh salmon sliced thin and marinated in a mix of complementary Asian flavours, served on a bed of cold noodles, perfect for a hot night. #RecipeForLife
- 250 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 small red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 50 g (⅓ cup) roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 400 g very fresh skinless salmon fillets, pin-boned
- 1 cup finely sliced wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 cup finely sliced red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Soak or cook the noodles according to manufacturer’s instructions, then drain and refresh under cold water.
Place the chilli, ginger, peanuts, oil, soy sauce and lime juice in a medium glass bowl and stir to combine well.
Using a very sharp knife, thinly slice the salmon against the grain. Add the salmon slices and toss to coat. Stand to marinate for 15 minutes or until the fish starts to change colour. Add the noodles and salad ingredients and toss well. Serve immediately.